Business Operations strives to provide exemplary administrative and business support services to all areas of Facilities Management and numerous other campus entities
through its functional areas.
By employing a diverse staff with unique talents engaging in customer attentiveness, we support our prominent first class land grant institution and its sustainable physical and economic resources.
- Facilities Management IT
FM IT is responsible for providing the infrastructure and the automation to safely facilitate the flow of information. FM IT implements the governance for the use of network and operating systems and assists the operational units by providing them the technical support needed so that employees can effectively utilize the hardware and software assigned to them.
- Procurement Services
Procurement Services encompasses the supply office, the warehouse, and the receiving dock. Procurement Services personnel perform a variety of functions with core services being the purchasing, receiving, and selling of stock items, the auditing of requisitions for OSU policy compliance, the carrying out of accounts payable services, and the receiving of all inbound freight for OSU departments.
- University Mailing Services (UMS)
UMS is a full-service mailing department that serves Stillwater main campus and the community at large. Whether delivering and shipping mail and parcels or preparing them for outbound shipment, UMS personnel deliver. As a Certified Postal Unit (CPU), UMS personnel perform all services that a post office offers including registering or certifying mail, providing "free" notary service, providing post office shipping supplies and selling stamps. In addition to being a CPU, UMS is a Certified Passport Acceptance Facility meaning it is authorized by the federal government to meet passport application needs.
- Business Operations/Analysis
Business Operations/Analysis have expertise in analyzing FM's Business environment and determining where efficiencies can be gained. The team couples business know-how with facilities management's software and FM developed systems to enhance decision making, gauge customer satisfaction, and gain proficiencies for completing everyday tasks.
- Fiscal Operations
Fiscal Operations encompasses Accounting and Payroll and controls the fiduciary activity of Facilities Management. Fiscal Operations personnel are responsible for planning and budgeting, accounts receivables, financial analysis and reporting, auditing correspondences, capital and fixed assets control, projects support, and customer inquiries. Payroll functions for an average of 380 employees are also managed by this department. Major functions include New Hire Payroll Signup, Workers' Compensation reporting, EPAFs and other payroll forms processing and submission, monthly and biweekly payroll auditing, and payroll assistance to employees of Facilities Management. Fiscal Operations personnel serve as fiscal advisors to Facilities Management Leadership to safeguard financial integrity.
Business Operations Organization Chart
Payment Process For Billable Work
- Each department designates one (1) pre-authorized default account to be charged for all Billable Services.
- If a Customer chooses not to use their department’s default account, another account can be designated when submitting a work request in the Online FM Customer Portal.
- The Customer is responsible for verifying available funds in their designated account prior to the submission of a work request.
- FM will only begin work when an account number has been provided in the Online Portal.
- Submission of a work request through the Online Portal serves as the Customer’s authorization for service.
- Customers are advised to identify specific individuals as authorized to submit requests for FM services and to expend funds on behalf of their department.
- Funding changes cannot be made in the Online FM Customer Portal system once the actual work has begun. Any project funding changes needed in the course of a project must be managed by the Customer in their department’s accounting processes.
- If a Customer chooses not to use their department’s default account, another account can be designated when submitting a work request in the Online FM Customer Portal workorder.okstate.edu.