- About Us
- About Facilities Management
- Business Operations
- Construction & Contract Services
- Energy Services
- Landscape Services
- Operations & Maintenance
- Organizational Chart
- Yearly Highlights
- Strategic Plans/Annual Operational Plans
- Guide To Services
- FM Employees
- Contact Us
- FM Guides/Plans
About Facilities Management
We serve OSU faculty, staff, students, and the community by creating and maintaining a safe and inspiring campus environment to support the OSU mission of education, research, and outreach.
OSU Facilities Management will be nationally recognized for providing excellence in the management of educational facilities.
We're here to help
Facilities Management Work Control
Learn more about our teams
Baseline Services are planned and reactive maintenance activities funded at large by the GU budget and not billed individually to the Department. Services are performed on an as-needed basis determined by routine inspections to assess conditions, or as a need arises unexpectedly affecting facility operation and safety. Below are some examples of what is covered in Baseline Services, a more extensive description is provided in the Guide To Services
- • Repair of existing doors, doorstops, and hinges
- • Repair and maintenance of interior and exterior tiles
- • Repair and replacement of acoustical ceiling tiles
- • Repair to moldings, baseboards, and weather stripping
- • Maintenance and repair of roofs, gutters, downspouts
- • Maintenance of window functions (hardware and glass)
- • Flooring maintenance to stop fraying, tearing, loosening
- Touchup of main hallways, handrails, moldings, doors, etc.
- Painting building interiors at the end of their useful life
- Repair and maintain components such as breakers, panels, switches, plugs
- Replacement of burned out lamps, bulbs and/or ballasts
- Replace broken switches, receptacles, wall plates, etc.
- Repair fire alarm systems
- Responding to reports of inadequate room temperature
- Calibrating thermostats, sensors, etc.
- Changing air filters
- Cleaning coils
- Repair and maintain plumbing components
- Repair and maintain drains and fixtures, including water fountains
- Toilet, sink and faucet repairs
- Repair fire sprinklers
- Annual inspections (weight capacity, evaluation on speed, wait and travel time, cables, hydraulics, etc.)
- Regular maintenance (hydraulic fluids, computer diagnostics and upgrades, cleaning of pit, replacement of light bulbs in cab and buttons, etc.)
- Maintains all areas around the GU facilities including
- Mowing, trimming, fertilizing, watering, and plant pest control
- Tree planting and maintenance
- Litter and outdoor debris pickup
- Provides oversight, design, and installation of new landscapes and renovations, irrigation, hardscapes and site furnishings, and seasonal color displays (based on the project this may be a Billable Service).
- Sidewalk and street cleaning
- Lead on snow and ice removal as needed
- Visit the Landscape Services page for more information
- FM employs pest control applicators licensed to treat general and structural vermin and capable of removing small animals.
- General pests are those within and immediately adjacent to a structure and include most pests except woodborers and/or termites.
- Structural pests are termites and other wood boring and destroying organisms and/or fungi
- Recycling saves natural resources, energy, and money, and creates less air and water pollution. FM is committed to providing for a robust recycling program on campus and increasing faculty, staff and student access to receptacles inside and outside facilities.
- Refuse (waste) dumpsters are located throughout GU facilities and are emptied on a scheduled route by a contracted service provider. Dumpsters are only for trash items that will fit into the container.
- Disposal of larger items can be arranged by request through the Online FM Customer Portal.
- Recycling items are to be placed in a green recycling container.
- Removal of surplus items is managed by an Asset Disposal submission to Budget and Asset Management.
- Accommodates large freight carriers and receives almost all inbound freight to the University.
- Inspects outermost containers for visible damage, communicates acceptance with freight lines and/or notates damage on the delivery ticket in the event the customer must file a freight claim.
- Schedules freight items for delivery to campus destination.
- Delivery to destination carried out by Moves and Events Department.
- Assistance needed in unpacking or assembly can be arranged by request through the Online FM Customer Portal.
Billable Services are all work that falls outside the scope of routine maintenance and Baseline Services and are customer funded. Payment for Billable Services is the responsibility of the requesting department or it is included in a project’s scope of work. Below are some examples of Billable Services, a more extensive description is provided in the Guide To Services
- Installation or relocation of pictures, wall-mounted shelves, bulleting/chalk/dry erase boards, mirrors
- Assembly/disassembly or movement of furniture such as desks, file cabinets, computer stations, freestanding bookcases, prefabricated partitions, etc.
- Special event setup and teardown
- Painting or staining new furniture
- Special request painting
- Repair and maintenance services for small appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, ice machines, freezers and washers/dryers
- Maintenance due to misuse or deliberate damage caused by building occupants
- Equipment rentals such as P/A, A/V, sophisticated lighting, control panels, etc.
- Change a classroom into an office or lab
- Replace flooring other than on a maintenance schedule
- Modify an entrance to a building or room
- Upgrade utilities to support installation or new laboratory or teaching equipment
- Install fume hoods
- Provide cleaning services before, during and after a special event
- Provide a level of cleaning above the APPA 2 Level such as daily versus weekly levels of service for a particular area
- Plant rentals for special events
- Visit the website or call 405-744-7397 for information