- About Us
- Staff Resources
- Work Request
No excavation activity may take place until an OSU Excavation Permit has been obtained.
As of September 2014, OSU Policy #1-0109 - Excavation, Alterations, Renovations and Additions to Facilities mandates having an Excavation Permit prior to excavation (any form ground penetration)
taking place on OSU owned property.
The OSU Excavation Permit Procedure is meant to:
- ensure prompt, efficient issuance of an OSU Excavation Permit;
- assure prompt response from appropriate personnel to those requesting a Permit;
- provide for the safety and protection of all concerned personnel and property involved with an Excavation Operation;
- ensure adherence with all OSU, local, state, and federal agencies in accordance with established policy and law as required for an Excavation Operation; and
- provide prompt follow-up reporting on any subsequent events related to the Operation.
Oklahoma State University is reliant upon utility, electrical, information technology, and irrigation systems; the majority of these systems are underground. Therefore, any excavation activity on OSU owned property poses a potential hazard to safety and operations. It is imperative to mitigate disruptions to the education, research, and outreach mission of the University by respecting the OSU Excavation Permit Procedure for any and all excavation activity on OSU owned property.
An Excavation Permit must be obtained prior to any occasion when University ground
is penetrated, irrespective of the breadth or depth of the penetration.
Please see the OSU Excavation Policy for more information.
The first step in the Permit process is a Locate Request to OKIE: Call 811 or go online to http://www.okie811.org/